Looking for some advice about the scenario matrix – I’ve been looking at the marking rubric for the overall assignment and it’s made me pull my head out of storyland and get back to the real world a bit….easy to go off on a storywriting tangent! 🙂
Firstly, I’m not sure whether to use as my issue:
– What will assessment look like in 2030? OR
– ‘What will education look like in 2030?’ and to then explore assessment within that.
What would you recommend?
In terms of the axis for my matrix, I’m planning to have one which is to do with centralized control vs learner choice (prosumer)…..very similar to the axis on the Knowledgeworks matrix.
For the other axis I have three ideas and I’m confused about which to go with:
- I was thinking of having ‘what is the knowledge worth knowing?’, and having ‘content with an undertone of skills’ vs ‘competencies with an undertone of content.’ But does this give enough scope? Or is it too narrow? I’ve brainstormed each of the quadrants (lots of fun!) but not sure if it fits within ‘plausible’ and has a clear enough interplay with trends.
- Another option I’ve been brainstorming is ‘technology high impact….technology low impact’. If I were doing this then obviously my issue would have to be looking at assessment in 2030, as it’s a given that tech will play a big role in education in 2030. But do you also think that it’s a given technology will play a role in assessment?
- The final idea in my head is to do with ‘individualistic vs community’.
Don’t know if this makes sense…definite stream of consciousness! Feedback appreciated 🙂
Hmmm….a few hours later and a few more thoughts later – how much does this assignment have to tie in to our research topic? Ie. do I have to consider assessment here, as that’s what I’m doing my research topic on. Or is this completely stand alone?